This job must be documented. People, strangers, victims, the insane, college grads, and other lives could learn something from this documentation, or better yet, laugh. I will share and you will indulge.
I've been a dormant blogger since 2007. Welcome me back.
What is Corpsmember? We are an army of low-paid skilled laborers that specialize in conservation work.
Our center is on a military base outside of San Luis Obispo. Corpsmembers live where the center is. We live at work.
The motto is "hard work, low pay, miserable conditions". This is a true statement. If you are addicted to work like any strong-willed person, then the motto is welcomed and celebrated.
To give you an idea, some of our projects are chainsaw jobs, fence building, and trail construction. We sometimes work remotely at "spike camps".
Crews of misfits join together for minimum-wage labor. As crew leader, I aide in "directing the show". Amusement comes from the crew, frustration comes from the crew, success comes from the crew.
Crew Four has come a long way since my affair with Crew Three. Now I'm back on Four, loving it, getting cocky, waiting for a rumble.
Crew I is now the nemesis created in my mind. I get sick satisfaction giving Crew I a good mind-fuck.
Here is a space for writing about the crew, the corps, the experience of working and living at this job. What an overview.
Today the Crew worked with Crew II, doing WUI (wilderness urban interface). Great for sawyers because of the brush work. It's in a wealthy Los Osos neighborhood, close to Montana de Oro state park.
Work that makes my ears ring and my heart sing!
Getting late here. I forgot to mention that this blog will not be witty like in the past. Too tired to impress you. Thank you.
THis Blog sucks
ReplyDelete-stacey bauer